Business Innovation Awards
Award applications close April 1, 2013.
Please join us at the NAMTA Minneapolis Show, May 1-3, 2013, for the award festivities.
See the NAMTA Business Innovation Award 2012 Recipients page for details of the 2012 festivities and winners.
Become Famous and Share Your Success!
NAMTA’s annual Business Innovation Awards program, conducted in partnership with Hart Business Research, provides a wonderful opportunity to recognize the great ideas, creativity and outside-the-box thinking by you and your staff. The winners will be honored in front of hundreds of their peers during a main stage presentation at NAMTA’s conference in Minneapolis, May 1-3, 2013.
If you’re thinking you have nothing to submit...don’t be so sure. There is a huge array of successful ideas, products and services developed each year across the art materials business.
For starters, what about . . .
- A fresh marketing campaign
- New product or service
- Staff retention or training program
- Supplier program to support retailers
- Special event for customers or partners
- Community initiatives to grow art participation
- That great idea that save you some serious money
Brainstorm with your staff. They’ll enjoy the exercise and opportunity for recognition.
Award submission deadline is April 1, 2013. Click here for the awards entry form.
- Supplier winner
- Retailers, reps, and affiliates winner
- ...and Finalists in each of the above categories
The finalists will receive the following PR and prizes:
- Your business and innovation featured in NAMTA 2013 show keynote address
- Your business’s name on award winner banner at NAMTA 2013 show
- Your business and innovation featured on the NAMTA Business Innovation Award Recipients page
- Beautiful award plaque to hang in your office. (winners)
- One hour consultation with Hart Business Research regarding NAMTA's Artists & Art Materials Study results and how they apply to your business (winners)
Who May Enter
Any current member of the International Art Materials Association-NAMTA may apply. Businesses may submit multiple applications as long as each application is for a different business innovation. Businesses may only enter for their own innovations. Businesses must have undertaken the innovation after March 1, 2012 and before April 1, 2013.
Judges and Award Criteria
Five judges will evaluate the 2013 applications: the president of Hart Business Research and four members of the NAMTA board of directors. The decisions of the judges are final. The judges will use four main award criteria for 2013:
- Innovativeness of business initiative
- Predicted or measurable impact of the initiative on the applicant’s business
- Innovation’s fit with market trends, such as those described in Artists & Art Materials Study, demographic data, or your own research
- Usefulness of application as a case study for others
View the 2012 Award Recipients page. Congratulations again to the 2012 winners, Aaron Brothers and C&T Publishing.
India Hart Wood, Hart Business Research, 303/449-5972
Karen Brown, NAMTA, 704/892-6244