The NAMTA Council for Art Advocacy’s mission is to sustain, strengthen and support the art material industry through advocacy, awareness, increased funding of art and art education. In the spirit of this mission, the Council will award grants annually to worthy recipients based on the criteria below.
* Applications must be postmarked no later than October 15th, 2012 in order to be considered.
The NAMTA Council for Art Advocacy grants must fall into one of the following categories:
- The development of art education courses, programs or curricula.
- Any program that promotes and supports the visual and creative arts.
All grant applications are reviewed and selected by the NAMTA Council for Art Advocacy
based on the following criteria:
- Impact of the proposed project on the community and/or the promotion of the fine arts and art education.
- Funds available.
- Number of requested grants.
- Feasibility of any project proposed.
If selected as a 2013 NAMTA Council for Art Advocacy recipient you must be able to agree to the following:
- You must be able to initiate you project by February 1, 2013.
- You must provide NAMTA with permission to promote your project through video, social media, e-newsletter, and other formats.
- You or a representative must attend NAMTA’s annual conference, Art Materials World®, in Minneapolis, MN, May 1-3, 2013.